Sunday 1 February 2009

A First

So here it is, at the age of 36, nearly 37, I have made my first ever quilt. Dah daaaaaaah!

I started it last Autumn but then making all the costumes for our medieval days sort of soaked up all the sewing mojo. I picked it up again when I visited Ffald Y Brenin and let the quiet rythmn of handsewing just float me away.

It is a baby quilt but the baby it was intended for is rather too big for it now. It really is only a crib/comfort blanket size.
Happily, a couple in church had their little daughter only a few days ago and this will do very well for a gift for her.

Roses for little Keziah Rose.

8 comments:

Gina said...

It's great Sian.

Now be honest is that the first and last or the beginning of a pile of quilts.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Anonymous said...

Looks very sweet, all those pretty roses are sure to be a big hit! And as a straight-line sewer (mainly hems and the simplest of repairs) I am very impressed!

Patois42 said...

You have just given me one reason to want another child: so I can get that quilt. Thankfully, that is the only reason I can come up with to have another child!

Well done.

Nan and =^..^= said...

What a beautiful quilt and such a lovely gift to give!

quiltcat said...

A very pretty quilt! and that technique is not easy to do all by hand. Hope you get to make many more lovely gift quilts.

MRS MJW said...

adorable quilt

Technodoll said...

You've got talent up the wooza, young lady! That is absolutely superb... I'll bet it will be greatly appreciated and handed down to future generations - it better be! :-)

Pippa said...

It's wonderful! Well done! And hip hip hooray!