Monday 23 February 2009

An Early Morning Grumble

It's been a busy week. Painting the house, tidying the garden - I think I lugged about half a tonne of slate chippings on Wednesday and I finished my second quilt. Sorry, no picture, the camera has gone AWOL again.
And now I have a cold and the weeks second bout of insomnia. I bloody hate not being able to sleep becuase the kids don't care that I am exhausted, they just want their morning porridge and a warm sitting room to dress in - why haven't you lit the fire mum?

Meh...

In other news I have found possibly the best and easiest ice cream recipe in the entire world. Really. It is so simple that it is barely a recipe. And here it is...

Half a pint of lightly beaten double cream into which you stir one tin of condensed milk. Mix well and freeze.

That's it. Yes, it will make your arteries go clang but what the heck is life without a furry aorta eh?

Right, that's enough waffle for today. I have a fire to light.
Have a sweet and energy filled day won't you?

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Sian- We need to see the quilt- do find the camera.

Hope you get some rest, dear.

Anonymous said...

sweets for the sweet's and some fruit. enjoy.

Patois42 said...

Blessed are those children of ours who just want you well...so you can just keep doing everything for them. I've got a matching set over here.

Technodoll said...

And this lovely ice cream isn't a cure for that wretched insomnia, is it? Sigh. I feel your exhaustion...

*sends Sian soothing sleeping waves*

Kati said...

Hey Sian!!! Hope you find the camera soon so you can take a pic of that quilt! I bet it's lovely.

Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight!

Stephanie said...

Sian, I'm seriously hoping you get some sleep tonight and here after. I'll be praying for it!

Kate Quilts said...

Hi Sian. I feel for you. I suffer insomnia and I hate it. It's debilitating and depressing, but no one cares (so long as they have clean undies). Do show us your quilt, we're all dying to see. :o)