Thursday 29 January 2009

Time

I have on my bookshelf a small book of prayers given to me by my mother. I am not one for written prayers normally but these are sweet, short and headed toward the celtic in flavour. One of my favourites is that of a Breton fisherman which is very much to the point I feel.

Oh Lord, protect me.
The sea is so large and my boat is so small
.

This is how I feel about time right now - at the end of a sleepless night, with the usual day in front of me. I have much to do with this day. Children to look to, a man to feed, a house to tend... a cat to trip over and a garden to ignore.
Mine is a blessed life and I know it, quiet and domestic with no hurricanes to tip the small boat over... I give thanks for this safe harbour. And I pray a peaceful day for you too.

Prompted by One Single Impression - If Only I had Time.
and the above is not my photo, it came from a stock shot of the sea and I happened to like it.

6 comments:

Gina said...

What beautiful sentiments, and I know exactly how you feel.

love and hugs Gina xxx

Lorraine said...

Sian- Peace is something that eludes me too.

XXXX

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the blessings of your life, and for your well wlishes!

Patois42 said...

This is beautiful, Sian, the prayer itself and the thoughts you so wonderfully express. Godspeed, woman.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

So lovely...you 'sound' so blissful!

Technodoll said...

I love your new blog header... so peaceful and inspiring.

As for the blessings, it is one to know that you have them. So few people can appreciate everything they have... they always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

It's nice to know better :-)