Monday 16 February 2009

Spring Light

It is a beautiful day here. The kind of light that shows up all the cobwebs but also falls on the eye so prettily and lifts hopeful earth scents from the mountainside.

I painted my front door today - just the undercoat- but it's a start and then I planted a few more primroses for the feral sheep to munch when grass gets just too dull.

The girls played in the absolute very last of the massive snowman then, when he finally gave up the ghost and turned to water, they replayed scenes from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Sitting there on my doorstep, sipping tea and inhaling fresh paint smells, listening to my girls dragging round an old trike calling-
Bring out yer dead!
I'm not dead!
You soon will be...
I'm feeling much better!
No yer not! etc...

Life is good.


8 comments:

Technodoll said...

Sounds just perfect. Feral sheep, never heard of them... no predators out there, then?

ps: please send sunlight! I'm desperate here! LOL

Sa said...

I have just blogged something exactly the same, all about spring

Anonymous said...

Your girls are not like that they are sweet,cute,funloving.But you telling me about your mother and gun's i'll watch my back. ha. ha. ha.

Anonymous said...

Spring blogging here too; it's going around! What color is yer door?

Lorraine said...

Sian- "I'm getting better...I feel happy"

Nan and =^..^= said...

It's so nice to read about spring for we are far from it...more snow on the way tomorrow.
I love your banner photo!
Nan

Lorraine said...

Sian- I was thinking about you- I'm watching a show called "Coal House Families"- have you seen it?

Kim said...

Priceless, your girls sound so funny :)

Kim x