Thursday 1 January 2009

Shush!

Half way through a game of junior monopoly this evening, Eden decides that she is tired and returns to the comfort of her nest on the sofa. This has been her lair of choice since coming out of hospital and we have all pandered to her every whim. Hence she is well on the way to getting truly spoilt. Some moments later, at a particularly heated exchange between V and Rose over the mini golf, Eden declared that we were being too noisy and that she wanted to go to sleep. The rest of the game was conducted in whispers

I've landed in the paddling pool again, whose is that?

Mine. Six pounds please


Six quid for a paddle!


But I own the video arcade too so I get double


%£(%&(! No wonder I've got no money!


Somehow I managed to end up getting an entire row of properties down one side and fleeced Rose and V unmercifully. So it was hissed expletives all the way* which made it funnier somehow...and you know what it is like when you can't laugh out loud. I had to leave the room.

So a pretty good New Years Day all told. It still feels rather odd, like someone has scooped Christmas away with a spoon. I haven't even decorated. But we are having our Christmas day on Saturday, so we are decorating the Christmas tree tomorrow - a fake one unfortunately - but we missed out on the real thing. Next Christmas I am getting a tree in the first week just to be sure.

Happy New Year everyone. Keep safe and warm and happy the whole year through.

*from the adults I hasten to add - Rose reproved us both you may be sure.

10 comments:

Kim said...

Happy New Year, Sian.

How awful it must have been for you all, I'm soooo glad that Eden is home and on the mend. If she's able to dictate from the sofa, then that's a very good sign :)
Sending you a hooooge cyber (((HUG)))

Kim x

Nan and =^..^= said...

Hi Sian,
I had been worried about your situation and I was so glad to see your post today... Sending get well soon wishes to Eden. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Healthy New Year!
Nan

Lorraine said...

Sian- Happy 2009 to you and yours. I have been known to cheat at Monopoly so no-one wants to play with me.

robin ann mcintosh said...

haha, I would pay to see that scene!

happy 2009 :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are all home and happy together! Loved the little dialogue, too!! Always smile when I visit here.

Nan and =^..^= said...

Sian,
ps. I loved your description of your monopoly game and the whispering!
Nan

Patois42 said...

So glad things are coming back together, albeit a bit more quietly than usual.

Anonymous said...

Nice one Eden, milk it all the way .i will teach you how to fake illness to get day's off school. one sweet or biscuit will give you the answer's don't tell your your mother she will hang me from the rafters. you can tell your sisters same deal for them. see you all soon. God's joy and peace for the year. Old Pod.

Sian said...

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. The last couple of weeks has been quite a hair raising ride but it is all getting back to normal slowly.
I wish you all a very happy New Year and may 2009 bring you your hearts desire :o)

Sa said...

Here sit's one owner of a spoilt child which came as a result of surgery! It'll pass in 10 years!