Friday 29 May 2009

Strawberry Rum


You need
Strawberries
and rum, obviously - I used white rum because then it will go pink with the berries
castor sugar - I used about 4oz
and a large jar to steep it all in.

Prick the strawberries all over with a cocktail stick, shake the sugar up in the jar with the rum
Add the berries and that's it.

Shake the jar every day for a month then strain the berries out. I plan on adding these to an apple jam - I'll let you know how that goes - and leave the liquor to mature for another three months.

Drink when you have nothing planned for the next day!


3 comments:

Technodoll said...

OMG OMG this sounds DELISH!! I am so making some the day I get fresh strawberries from our garden!

Thank you for the recipe!

ps: can you use vodka instead of rhum?

Deborah Godin said...

Woo-hoo - one more thing to love strawbs!! Thanks for the instructions!

Kim said...

Oooh, this sounds just tooooo good :)

Kim x

ps, how are you hun, I've missed your posts :) I hope life is wonderfully busy and that's all. x