Thursday 16 April 2009

Early

Another fall goes to Lady Insomnia. At four am. I woke up for no reason at all. But it makes a good time to go round and check what folks have been doing on their blogs. It made me think.

There was a time when I could not go a day without blogging. I would spend sometimes as much as an hour writing my own post, then spend maybe another two hours jumping all over the world to see what was happening in other lives far removed from my small house on the mountain. I think I was more lonely than I knew... but you see, while I was reading about other folk, I was letting my life pass me by.

Spring is a busy time for everyone - planting, planning, moving on into the season. Then there is all Summer to watch it unfold to harvest in Autumn.

It is now six o clock and I can hear blackbirds greeting the new day. Time to light the fire and get the kettle on.

ttfn m'dears

6 comments:

Nan and =^..^= said...

Hi Sian,
I just looked at the clock and it is 6 o'clock am. here... I too am up early...been visiting my parents to help them and will be going home on the weekend. Enjoy the spring!

Kate Quilts said...

I feel exactly the same way. I haven't blogged much this year, I thnk because I haven't had time. I don't think I had much time last year either, but somehow I felt I had a responsibility to blog and that people wouldn't be there or somehow would like me less if I didn't blog every day.

I don't/can't blog every day, but people still visit and I'm grateful for that. Thank goodness for bloglines and google reader. It means I'm not jumping around blogs that haven't been updated and I hope it's the same for others.

Wonder how common insomnia is for bloggers? There seems to be a lot of it around... :o)

Lorraine said...

Sian- I keep it very brief, because the computer can suck up alot of time.

Get out and enjoy Spring.

Kim said...

Hi Sian, glad to see you back :)
I know what you mean about blogging and feeling lonely. Sometimes, it can make the loneliness worse! I've changed my pc habits too and feel much better for it :)

Take care m'dear

Kim x

Technodoll said...

Totally get you about enjoying real life vs wasting it away in outer space... I can't say I blame you for disappearing, I'm going to do much of the same thing in two months.

Good to "see" you though!

Sending ZZZZ's your way ;-)

Kati said...

*chuckle* I understand all too well.... I haven't been much of a blogger for the past few months myself.

It sounds like y'all are doing well right now, at least I hope that I'm "reading" your post correctly. Hope you have a great spring, and an even better Summer, Sian. But, I DO hope you'll stop in and post some lovely pics for us to enjoy, at least. *grin* (Something about the pictures you post of your area and your family enjoying it just tugs at me..... The old-world feel, maybe??? A rememberance of lives past for me? Anyway....)

Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers, Sian. Have a GREAT week!